 |
| Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. -Jim Ryan |
About ten weeks ago we started a Get Fit Challenge with my Stroller Stride group. I decided to be a team captain and was so excited to get my random drawn ladies. Receiving that email was the start of one amazing journey. We all encouraged to one another and started holding everyone accountable for working out and eating right. The fit Challenge was not just about weight loss/inches, but how strong you could become. We were tested at the beginning on 3 things, 1/4 mile run, how many "real" push-ups in one minuet, and holding a plank. Their were also a few surprise challenges throughout the challenge weeks. One challenge we won was how long you could hold a wall sit. Our team pushed each week their very hardest. They each surprised me in so many ways. I have never felt such an amazing bond with such a new group of f friends. I tried my best to be the best team leader and teach these ladies how to change their lifestyle. It was so fun sending them encouraging notes and little goodies along the way. I looked forward to send them email, just to see their funny responses. This truly was a blessing and could not have come at a better time in my life. I have developed a very personal relationship with each lady. We all improved and made major life changes. Last week we had our group assessments to how much we improved over the 8 weeks. It was amazing as a team we improved on everything. As a team we lost about 49lbs and 46 inches. The challenge was based on a point scale and unfortunately we fell short about 2 points taking second place. That was kinda sad for me knowing how hard my team worked but as cheesy as it may sound we know we are winners... Through out the challenge we have been doing funny things to each other like sneaking muffin tops on the other teams strollers at work out class. We also wrapped up all of our challenge books in a big gift box to present it to the judge. I left fun "pun intended" goodies for my teammates along the 8 weeks. Today the ladies got me and it was fun, I felt so loved as their friend and teammate, they sure do know how to spoil someone. Today was bitter sweet end of an amazing journey, but the start of a new one. A few of us have decided to keep this going and continue to reach all of four goals. This group of ladies is so loving, kind, caring, honest, hardworking, strong and most of all genuine. I am so proud of each and everyone!
Here is the whole group who participated in the Get Fit Challenge.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4801692156075&set=pcb.4801692476083&type=1&theater
153 lbs and 233 inches in just 8 weeks during our Get Fit Challenge!!!
We don't sweat we sparkle!
You were an awesome coach Heather and a great inspiration. Love you friend!
ReplyDelete