Monday, October 29, 2012

No Limits Run Texas Motor Speedway





 I did it...to some it might seem silly or even easy. Others might say wow I can't believe you can run.  Looking back on this it is really more than a race. I have been working out for a solid 6 months three to four days a week. I have been pushing my self to get better. I really only signed up for this run to go out on the race track. I thought how cool to be out there, but it turned out to be much more. I get a little teared up thinking I ran a 5k. I guess the reason behind the tears is that for my life I am so afraid to suck athletically that I have never gave it my all. I figured that if I really never gave it my all that I would not know how bad I was at something. Leo has had so much faith in me for years, I just thought he was a mean trainer thanks to the Army and West Point. But I sure do love him for being so hard on me. I wish I had the faith in my self as he has in me. So enough of all that mushy stuff here is the details of the day. We go up at 5 am got the whole family packed up and out the door to 31degree weather! We arrived just in time to get the boy all bundled up in the stroller. We meet up with a few friends from class. It was a wonderful experience, I have already signed up for another one.



The sun coming up just in time for the race to start.


My running buddy.



Getting ready to line up
Half way point


Half way point Leo and Aubree cheered us on.




Time in at 40 min. not the best..But I did not stop RUNNING!!!


Janie & Leblanc, Me, Melissa, Nicole & Asher and Shannon



Ready for my next run!



2 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie. I got a little choked up reading this. SO proud of you Heather. That must have felt great! You are inspiring me for this supposed Half I think I am going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You have always been the "jock" of the family! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete